Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Big Girl Life: Growin' Up and Growin' Smarter

Big changes could be coming in my world for the POSITIVE!  I made an offer on a brand spankin' new house in Midlothian last Saturday, and the crazy people took my low-ball offer!
Of course, the financing still has to be approved loan wise, and it could all still fall through; however, I feel like such a "big girl" with this decision.  I feel like, flexing my muscle and putting my fist in the air Rosie the Riveter style while singing "I Will Survive"!  Please let me live up to the "single gal doin' it on my own" cliches for a moment:)!  What is it about moments like this that make a girl feel like she can truly take on the world.  I also made the deposit on my part of the relief mission trip to Haiti this summer, research papers are graded for 2010, Spring Break is knockin' on my door, and it's almost the time of year when I get to ramble on and on about Shakespeare!  Yeah, I'm feelin' pretty good right now, and I think I deserve to a little bit!  Through the last month of my life I think I learned how to truly appreciate the little things that will bring me joy and comfort.

Don't get me wrong.  There have been some less than peaceful and calm and joyous moments recently.  I had to ball up my fists last Friday night tucking them under my pillow, put my earbuds for my iPod in my ears playing distracting music, and repeat the mantra "go to sleep" over and over to keep from writing a text or making a phone call I didn't need to make.  I think of the old movie title, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly when I think about my life right now.  No, my life has nothing to do with the story line of the movie, but the title fits it perfectly!  I'll take the bad and the ugly, if I get to have the GOOD too, even if the good takes it time showing up.

1 comment:

  1. As I type this with one hand, I am flexing my muscle in support of you with the other arm. :)

    ReplyDelete