Monday, March 1, 2010

Showers, tears, and rainy days

The weekend that started off with so many laughs and smiles ended in tears last night.  I hadn't cried in quite awhile, but after attending the bridal shower of the bride-elect of someone I will always remember as scrawny little kid playing in my Mama Lou's pool and encountering certain people at said shower, the thoughts and the questions and the emotions were hitting me like a tsunami!  I guess I'm not processing through this as much as I thought I was, or maybe this just triggered the next round.  Who knows?  Funny that right now while my 3rd period works, the cheesy song by Cher "Believe" is playing via the internet radio in the background ...yes I do believe in life after love Cher, but man it SUCKS at times.  Last night was one of those times.  As the tears rolled down my face in bed last night and as I awoke this morning from a crazy dream of reconciliation that truly I don't really want shattered ring(symbolism much???) and all, the rain coming down outside reflected my emotional turmoil.

I'm looking forward to getting through some work related responsibilities, both local and state related, and this weekend holds the promise of hanging out with a dear, dear friend in AUSTIN! YAY!!! Keeping busy seems to be one of my great forms of solace these days.  I'm not sure if that constitutes avoidance or moving on with my life and not wallowing in the muck and the mire!  Whichever it is, it has definitely been entertaining hanging with friends and sharing those fun times and laughs, and singing at the top of our lungs at Pete's Piano Bar Friday night was most assuredly cathartic!  

I'm heading to B and N this afternoon to pick up some DVDs for my classroom and some new reading material for my psyche.  There are few things in life that bring a smile to my face like wandering through a bookstore, no matter how commercial that bookstore may be, with an over-priced, designer coffee in my hand choosing my next literary adventure.  Then, there will be a play-off basketball game in my future this evening as well, going to support the blue and white.  I'm looking forward to seeing what this week brings, ups and downs!  

2 comments:

  1. Soooo glad I could be a part of the fun this weekend (including our awesome serenade from Old Man River). Glad my post can resonate! Lately I feel like I have a billion people needing me to make them okay and telling me what to do. My response! Do nothing. lol Coffee in the next few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee soon for sure. Just let me know when and where, or I can also be the orchestrator of said coffee date:)

    ReplyDelete