Monday, December 26, 2011

Ten Things a Single Girl Learns While Living with Two Kids

In September my brother and sister in law (with one on the way) and my five year old nephew moved in with me.  Needless to say it's been a wild adventure.  Here are some things I've learned along the way.  Let's just say my life will never be the same because of this experience!!!

10.  What appears in the diaper of a newborn looks like dijon mustard, but I'm not going to spread it on a sandwich any time soon!

9.  Morning coffee goes well with the witty humor of Phineas and Ferb cartoons!

8.  Five year olds make the best listeners and parrots, so I better watch what I say!

7.  Every toy has some assembly required and usually makes me feel incredibly stupid:)!

6.  When Corn Pops are the requested cereal for the morning, but you don't hear the request the first time, a tantrum will follow that is possibly one of the most hilarious things I've seen in awhile!

5.  Every story or explanation or description must be repeated three, four, five, six, seven, etc, times when it comes to five year olds laying it all out for you:)!

4.  When sitting at the dinner table coming up with good words to practice rhyming don't ever throw out the words chicken or truck!!!  And yes, I say this from clueless, single girl experience!

3.  A nursing baby sounds like a wild wombat or some other small animal!!!

2.  I'm much better at this whole kid thing than I ever thought I would be!!!

1.  Hugs and snuggles are the sweetest things, and I wouldn't change any of this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment